BI Developer Lead, Operations
Category: Business Analysis
Location/City: Washington - Bellevue
BI Developer Lead, Operations
Be a part of our success story. Launch offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to do the best work of their lives in a dynamic and growing company. Through competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, internal advancement opportunities, and recognized community involvement, you'll have the chance to create a career you can be proud of. Your new trajectory starts here at Launch.
We’re seeking a senior SQL BI Operations Engineer to lead and participate as a contributor of the SQL BI Operations team. The role will lead a small team of operations engineers, plan server infrastructure, monitor production systems, provide tier 2 technical support, and much more. The candidate must possess excellent communication skills and an expert-level knowledge of Windows Server, Azure, SQL Server, PowerShell, and other technologies (see below).
- Lead the BI operations team and coordinate coverage schedules
- Monitor BI production systems ETL and cube processing jobs and resolve issues that occur
- Coordinate ETL and cube processing schedule with financial calendar
- Monitor reporting website health and resolve issues that occur
- Assist with data platform deployments to QA and Production environments
- Manage cube snapshots
- Perform operations tasks related to ad-hoc server job executions, disk space management, etc.
- Monitor infrastructure servers
- Review infrastructure requirements, design infrastructure, and estimate annual budget
- Administer service account passwords
- Meet regularly with team and stakeholders to plan work, update status, and escalate issues
- Document support issues and resolutions in the operations knowledge base
- Be available for tier 2 escalations during early mornings and weekends pacific time
- 7+ years of experience performing operations and support duties for BI systems
- Expert experience administering Windows Server through 2016
- Expert experience with SQL Server through 2016
- Expert experience architecting and implementing Azure infrastructure including networking, storage, virtual machines, and security
- Expert experience writing PowerShell scripts
- Expert experience creating, deploying, and maintaining SSIS and SSAS (both tabular and multi-dimensional)
- Experience leading a small team
- Some experience administering Power BI security
- Some experience administering SharePoint
- Some experience using Microsoft TFS / VSO
- Strong analytical, communications and problem solving skills
Launch looks for the same attributes we admire in top athletes and applies them to the business world:
- HEALTHY COMPETITION
- GOOD SPORTS
We interview for these traits above and beyond the technical skill set required for a particular role. Surrounding ourselves with Business Athletes leads to a competitive, fun, winning environment.
Qualified applicants, please respond to email@example.com with your full name, resume, and a brief description of how your skills match the requirements above.
Please refer to Job #1558 when responding to this posting.
*Launch Consulting is a veteran-owned company. EEO veterans encouraged to apply.