Sr. Consultant - FinTech
Category: Business Development
Location/City: California - San Francisco
Sr. Consultant - FinTech
Be a part of our success story. Launch offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to do the best work of their lives in a dynamic and growing company. Through competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, internal advancement opportunities, and recognized community involvement, you'll have the chance to create a career you can be proud of. Your new trajectory starts here at Launch.
We’re seeking a Sr. Consultant to assist our client in new product implementation and manage the complexity inherent to technology change, including requirements planning, architecture, testing, deployment to meet organizational goals.
The role will be responsible for interfacing between stakeholders and project teams, defining strategy, developing system requirements, through product implementation. The candidate must have industry-relevant experience in managing and delivering banking systems, experience managing large program and project teams, possess subject matter expertise in financial technologies. Candidates with strong knowledge in software development methodologies (e.g.: Waterfall, Agile), documentation, process improvement, and requirement definition are preferred.
- Responsible for overall project management on assigned project and completion schedule.
- Overall responsibility for a successful project
- Maintain and improve stakeholder relations
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale projects.
- Reviews high-level deliverables across projects.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk across multiple projects.
- Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects
- 10+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience managing and delivering IT systems
- 5+ years experienced in managing large program and project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, testing, and go live. This effort can be within a management consulting environment or financial/banking industry
- Proven track record of successful implementation of banking systems
- Subject matter expertise in Core Banking, Capital Markets, or Commercial Lending technologies (FIS, Fiserv, Jack Henry, D+H, etc.)
- Experience with IT banking processes and operations
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or other project/program management training
- Certifications in specific FinTech
- Experience with banking payment systems
- 5+ years of experience in documenting standard operating procedures, participating in process reviews and awareness of quality functions
- Possess strong understanding of software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile or other SDLC methodologies)
- Sequencing and critical path management expertise
- Awareness of Six Sigma, CMMI, other process improvement techniques and change management procedures is desired.
- Experience in one or more prototyping techniques including rapid and evolutionary prototyping.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Exercises mature judgment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
Launch looks for the same attributes we admire in top athletes and applies them to the business world:
- HEALTHY COMPETITION
- GOOD SPORTS
We interview for these traits above and beyond the technical skill set required for a particular role. Surrounding ourselves with Business Athletes leads to a competitive, fun, winning environment.
Qualified applicants, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, resume, and a brief description of how your skills match the requirements above.
Please refer to Job #1551 when responding to this posting.
*Launch Consulting is a veteran-owned company. EEO veterans encouraged to apply.