Location/City: Washington - Seattle
Launch Consulting (formerly 110 Consulting) is looking for an Automation Engineer to join our team!
The Launch Consulting culture offers a unique working environment that is challenging AND empowering. We’re seeking an experienced Automation Engineer to refine our infrastructure. The role will be responsible for providing direction on infrastructure development, implementing and owning newly-developed systems, and working closely with various groups to gather requirements and communicate the status of ongoing projects. The candidate must have expert-level knowledge of datacenter technologies and outstanding communication skills at all levels of business. Please consider the responsibilities and qualifications noted below to determine if your skillset aligns with the position requirements!
- Function as a technology thought leader
- Lead cross-divisional enterprise infrastructure projects
- Liaise and partner directly with Enterprise Architecture, maintaining the strategy and vision of technology systems
- Coordinate and collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, ensuring all forward-looking strategies and roadmaps align
- Research, develop and communicate system roadmaps, opportunities and constraints to IT as well as the business
- Represent the team, as well as the manager, at division, business and project meetings
- Own vendor relationships (responsible for maintaining the relationship and reporting the status directly to senior leadership)
- Own at least two core infrastructure technologies: Active Directory, DNS, Altiris, Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, VMware, Scripting, Local Traffic Manager, Global Traffic Manager, Tivoli Workload Scheduler, Citrix, E-mail, FTP, UNIX, Linux, Windows Servers, Security & Compliance Standards, etc.
- Pursue industry-leading certifications and training
- Hold team members accountable for enterprise best practices
- Demonstrate an increasing ability to apply the general skill set
- Participate in the team on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related study, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of documented IT experience
- 4+ years of technical engineering experience
- Expert knowledge of enterprise datacenter technologies, infrastructure automation platforms (e.g.: Chef, Puppet, etc.), scripting languages (e.g.: Ruby, PowerShell, etc.), and code development methods
- In-depth knowledge of continuous improvement and continuous delivery, server operating systems, enterprise solution support, and enterprise monitoring solutions
- Implemented projects involving enterprise hardware and/or software technologies
- Knowledge of networking concepts (advanced networking/switching/routing)
- Professional certification in an applicable technology or project management discipline
- Proven experience providing strong leadership in a number of enterprise systems
- Possess and display expert skills in technical troubleshooting, vendor management, customer service, communication, thought leadership, and project management
- Experience providing status of projects to senior members of the leadership team
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualified applicants, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full legal name, resume, and a brief bio describing how your skills match the requirements outlined above.
Please refer to Job #1463 when responding to this posting.
Launch Consulting is a Veteran-Owned Company and an EEO Employer.