BI Developer III
Category: Business Analysis
Location/City: Washington - Redmond
Launch Consulting (formerly 110 Consulting) is looking for a BI Developer III to join our team!
The Launch Consulting culture offers a unique working environment that is challenging AND empowering. We’re seeking an experienced BI Developer III to perform design and development of BI systems and applications. The role will be responsible for communicating and defending all aspects of the applications, participating in meetings to identify requirements and gaps, fully document code and work completed, and more. The candidate must be an experienced SQL server developer and administrator, understand the creation of proper database schemas, and possess excellent coding and debugging skills. Please consider the responsibilities and qualifications noted below to determine if your skillset aligns with the position requirements!
- Design and development of BI systems/applications
- Communicate and defend design, requirements, feature set, functionality, usability, and limitations of subsystem to team and/or development lead or manager
- Participate in Business Requirements and Functional Requirements meetings, identify gaps in requirements and drive discussion around appropriate solutions
- Design and code high quality database solutions within a fast paced monthly release cycle.
- Manage errors gracefully
- Document code and work completed
- Execute thorough unit testing of code and document the unit test cases
- Conduct appropriate performance testing to ensure all solutions will meet SLAs and performance criteria
- Provide support as needed throughout Test and User Acceptance Testing phases
- Create Technical Design Specification documentation that clearly articulates the design and code being implemented
- Provide client communication as appropriate to project
- Develop new reports and provide technical support for the applications
- 7+ years of development experience
- 5+ years of SQL Server development experience writing complex stored procedures, triggers, views, etc.
- Experience as a SQL Database Administrator / Analyst
- Experience with TSQL, SSIS package, SSAS, SSRS or OLAP (knowledge of MDX and cube customization is a plus)
- Previous experience working with the following SQL Server functionality: log shipping, replication, mirroring, Service Broker, and table partitioning
- Understand how to create a proper DB schema, ETL package, and Analysis Services cube
- Knowledge of programming language in one area (e.g. NET, C++, C)
- Development experience with SharePoint
- Strong data warehouse design and physical data modeling skills
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot issues and work on multiple tasks in parallel
- Excellent coding and debugging skill
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work under continual deadline constraints
- Strong communication skills in both written and spoken English
Qualified applicants, please respond to email@example.com with your full legal name, resume, and a brief bio describing how your skills match the requirements outlined above.
Please refer to Job #1444 when responding to this posting.
Launch Consulting is a Veteran-Owned Company and an EEO Employer.