Sr. Program Manager
Location/City: California - Rancho Cordova
Launch Consulting is looking for a Sr. Program Manager to join our team!
We’re seeking an experienced Sr. Program Manager to handle aggressive timelines and strengthen client relationships. The role will be responsible for coordinating efforts across all engaged teams, drive releases against timelines and quality expectations, work closely with clients and vendors, and more. The candidate must have experience with program management, a very strong background managing large-scale enterprise projects with a government and/or military background, and the flexibility to shift direction on the fly. Please consider the responsibilities and qualifications noted below to determine if your skillset aligns with the position requirements!
- Lead the program team, building, managing, and motivating as required
- Coach and mentor the team, building their maturity and authority
- Manage the program budget
- Ensure that costs incurred are monitored against plans and realize benefits as planned as the program progresses
- Plan the overall program from end-to-end. Monitor and report progress
- Identify issues and initiate corrective action as necessary
- Communicate regularly and effectively will all stakeholders, within the team, within the organization, and beyond
- Take overall responsibility for the benefits realization plan
- Ensure that the plan realizes benefits in the best way for the organization
- Take responsibility and accountability for the coordinated management of multiple related projects directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives
- Approve the project plans of the project teams, negotiating work packages as required
- Ensure the delivery of these work packages within the set time, quality, and budget constraints
- Manage and resolve dependencies between the projects of the program
- Manage the program risks, and embed a risk management process into the program from the outset
- Be responsible for program quality, and embed quality processes into the program from the outset
- Report overall program status to the steering group at regular intervals and on an ad-hoc basis
- Responsible and accountable for deliverables from third-parties as necessary
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance as necessary
- Create and maintain the program plan, showing an integrated realization of the key deliverables of the program
- Put in place the governance and operational working practices of the program team
- 10+ plus years of industry experience, with a minimum of 5 years in project and/or program management
- Possess a track record of delivering complex programs
- Experience of working within, influencing within, and networking within a matrix environment
- Conversant with project management methodologies and IT service management (ITIL) standards
- Experience of working with geographically dispersed teams
- Experienced in leading large teams of 100+ people
- Able to create a sense of community and shared direction amongst a disparate and diverse program team
- Ability to build credibility, trust, and rapport with stakeholders at all levels, both inside and outside of the organization
- Forward thinking and able to take the initiative and identify gaps in the program while making recommendations
- Excellent listening and the ability to influence at all levels
- Proactive and sophisticated management of key stakeholders
- A proactive communicator who will seek to communicate rather than wait to be asked. Proactive engagement within the organization to build awareness of the program
- Business focused and always looking to maximize benefits for the business and minimize downside risk
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualified applicants, please respond to email@example.com with your full legal name, resume, and a brief bio describing how your skills match the requirements outlined above.
Please refer to Job #1437 when responding to this posting.
Launch Consulting is a Veteran-Owned Company and an EEO Employer.