Front End UI Developer
Category: IT/Software Development
Location/City: Washington - Redmond
Launch Consulting (formerly 110 Consulting) is looking for a Front End UI Developer to join our team!
The Launch Consulting culture offers a unique working environment that is challenging AND empowering. We are looking for a strong Front End UI Developer with knowledge of the entertainment and gaming industry, and an understanding of evolving user needs and interest levels. The strongest candidate is an experienced web developer with SharePoint programming skills, able to work in a fast-moving environment, is highly creative, and is passionate about the gaming and entertainment industries. Please consider the responsibilities and qualifications noted below to determine if this is the right opportunity for you!!
- Interpret designs into fully functional interactive experiences while prioritizing code elegance, efficiency, and long-term scalability
- Produce precision design with attention to every detail of the user interface
- Operate with a clear understanding of each facet of the design process - information architecture + interaction design, research + usability, prototyping, visual + motion design, brand integration, and content creation
- Demonstrate an ability to merge this understanding with established and emerging engineering processes
- Create, collaborate, and communicate with team and cross teams as needed
- Effectively partner with visual designers, product planners and managers, program managers and development and test team members to shepherd end to end experiences from concept to ship
- Operate with a deep knowledge of natural user interface (NUI) paradigms and have demonstrable experience in crafting experiences with multiple input modalities
- Excel in the implementation, production, and shipment of highly-polished user interfaces
- 5+ years professional web publishing experience
- Strong SharePoint skills (leveraging as a CRM backend)
- Microsoft Web Foundation experience
- Proven track record of implementing rich media web experiences using jQuery, Backbone.js, node.js, WinJS, JSON, HTML5 and CSS
- Experience with content management systems and online publishing
- Eye for design and basic understanding of design for online publishing environments
- Interest in online entertainment in a variety of forms, from movies and TV to gaming to social networking
- Strong Debugging skills without standard browser development tools
- Technical aptitude to program in a content management system with complex programming needs
- Flexibility and agility – the ability to perform well and independently in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing deliverables
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to react and respond positively to changing requirements based on design leadership feedback, usability tests, and executive review
- Experience working closely with designers solving complex usability and UI design problems
- Ability to navigate and immerse in new development technologies and craft new techniques and best practices
- Experience with social APIs
- Experience with bitbucket code versioning platform
- Previous experience publishing for mobile devices
- Experience implementing interactive video
- Experience working with VM’s and HTTP servers
Qualified applicants, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full legal name, resume, and a brief bio describing how your skills match the requirements outlined above.
Please refer to Job #1366 when responding to this posting.
Launch Consulting is a Veteran-Owned Company and an EEO Employer.